Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

The 4th of July was very fun...well, the more exciting part was when we went to the cabin on East Zion last night. We didn't get there until late, but we had a really enjoyable time with friends and one other family member. It was nice to be away from all the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives and spend this holiday in a more secluded area. It allowed me to be reminded of what really matters in life and to remember how many have layed down their lives for the freedoms that I enjoy. We all took care of our own dinner and visited outside on the porch area the remaining of the evening and then everyone took their time getting up this morning. I was laying in bed wanting to get up and get going since you could tell that would be the best part of the day before the sun came over the trees and started beating down on us. I just didn't want to miss the outdoors with the crisp morning air, but I didn't want to wake anyone up so I just layed there until Tyson was ready to get up and go. I just packed everything right away so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. Adam and Tyson and Matt and Collin went for a quick 4-wheeler ride while Jaymie and I got breakfast . We had yummy freshly grated hashbrowns (Adam's and my favorite), bacon, and then a sausage/egg mixture. It turned out to be quite the morning meal so we left out the pancakes. A few of the others went for a ride while the rest of us cleaned up and chatted. We headed back home just shortly after the sun hit us. My brother Tarek came to visit for a short while but headed back to Las Vegas early. Adam, Tyson, and I took a short nap and then headed to the city pool before watching the nearby fireworks. I guess you could say I am sort of a stick in the mud when it comes to fireworks because I just don't get as excited about them as most do. I feel that if you have seen one then you have seen them all, but I must admit that it just doesn't feel like the 4th of July if you don't take in a few pretty fireworks. It was definitely a step from last year since then I was still housebound from delivering Tyson.

0 comments: