Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

Monday was such a nice day and I really didn’t want to stay in the house and do my normal Monday morning routine, so I talked Adam to taking me with him out to the flat. I started peeling pears to bottle, but caught a ride with Adam back to our house to spend some time cleaning. Adam took the boys and his dad up to Smiths’ Mesa to plant some peach trees. I really wanted to go with them so I could continue to enjoy the beautiful day, but knew I needed to stop pampering myself at some point. They picked me up on the way back. We cleaned off the cement meat shop pad for Family Home Evening.
Thursday we watched the twins from 9-2:30, which Tyson enjoyed having them over and playing all day. They were all funny to watch. One of the twins brought this cute little pink hat to which Tyson took a liking to and was wearing around while they were outside. He looks very funny in it, but boy could he pass for a girl. When the hat became an item to quarrel over I decided to go through my slip pickings of hats that we have collected for Tyson (because he never cares to wear them) and found enough for the other three kids to wear so this picture moment could not be passed up. I realized I should have taken a picture of Tyson with that pink hat as it was a funny sight.
Friday morning, after the boys woke up, Adam and I dropped them off at Susie’s while on our way to the temple. I’ve been helping my visiting teachee with the temple work for her husband and her that they have been working on and we finally completed names of children that needed to be sealed to their parents, so that is what we did. Adam had to remove some pieces of tile from a church building for an architect that he does work for, so we went and did that (while in our church clothes) afterwards. Imagine two people dressed in church clothes with one dropping pieces of tile off of a church building on a Friday in broad daylight…an interesting sight I’m sure.
Saturday morning Adam went out to the shop early in the morning to finish working on his truck and the boys were not up yet, so he came back before the 1st session of conference and we watched it at home. We went out to the flat right after so that Adam could continue his finishing up of his truck before the 2nd session, which we watched out at the flat. Abby was so nice to straighten my hair for me during that time since I only had time before the 1st session to take a shower and wash it. I was wishing I had a lot more hair at that point so that Abby could just play with it and take a really long time to straighten it…in other words it felt really good. After that we hid eggs for the little kids to find. This picture is of Lincoln, Gage, and Tyson enjoying their loot. Mark showed up with a truck load of bread to be unloaded for the animals and I snapped some pictures of the little kids helping out. They really enjoy throwing loaves of bread out of a truck. In the one picture Lincoln really gave me a cheeser when I said, "Cheese!" We had an informal dinner since the Priesthood session was at 6 p.m. and there wasn’t much time for a sit down one. While the men were gone the women visited in the kitchen. I don’t know that the word “relax” can really be used in a sentence with women. We stayed out there visiting until late. This morning we went to Stuart and Heidi’s to watch both sessions of conference. I only made Tyson sit on my lap through two different portions of conference. We will take it a little at a time. Heidi made some yummy homemade pizza in between sessions while I put the chicken pasta salad together for the dinner at the flat afterwards. I always enjoy conference and feel that there are many basics that I need to improve and better myself and our family on and am very grateful for the instruction and reminders.

1 comments:

MaryJane Griffin said...

They are so cute LaRae!!! Your blog looks great!!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun and working hard too!!!!