Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lincoln the Crib Jumper

Monday evening we had Family Home Evening with just Lincoln since Tyson fell asleep on the way home from the flat. Lincoln enjoyed the one on one attention. After putting him to bed we heard a thump and the door open a short time later. Out comes Lincoln down the hall. My baby is a crib jumper and door opener. This is just not right. Thinking that he had lucked out before doing something similar like barreling out of the crib and hurting himself and then only crying at the door because he could not open it, I thought this was the same thing but after putting him back in his crib I only found him back out in the hallway again. I guess I should sum it up that he fell asleep on my lap. On Tuesday the boys and I, my nephews Josh and Johnny all rode with Adam to Salina early in the morning to take some cows to the auction there. Stuart and Heidi drove one truck and trailer while we were in another. I enjoyed the trip. Tyson seemed a little disturbed that we were selling Grandpa’s cows and bull and made sure to remind Stuart that he needed to sell and buy a bull. We had no intentions of buying cows this trip so that evening when Tyson said the prayer for dinner he made sure to put in, “please help us to buy more cows and get a bull for Grandpa!” I was laughing about that afterwards, however Adam was laughing that during the prayer Lincoln apparently had his arms folded and eyes shut but could not resist his food so he would lean forward and grab a bite of a roll with his eyes still shut and then peek to look for his cup of milk and after getting a hold of it close his eyes again while he grabbed a sip. Adam said that was the funniest thing he had seen in a long time. We just love our two boys. Of course when it was time for bed I put Lincoln in his crib and sure enough he was out in the hall reminding me that he could crib jump and open his door. I then put him in Tyson’s bed and locked his door from the inside, which only made him cry in there for a long time. When I went in to calm him down I was so curious as to how he gets out of the crib that I asked him to show me, which he did and now that is the funniest/smartest thing I have seen in a long time. He does it like he’s been doing it for months. There’s hardly a struggle. I guess it is time to break down the crib and get him a toddler bed. My baby is not so much one anymore. On Friday Heidi let the little kids ride the horses around for a little bit before brushing them down and putting them away. Tyson and Emily are on Sippy and then Erika and Lincoln are on Di (short for Diamond). It was cute to watch Lincoln clench his arms around Erika and her being such a big girl taking him around the farm. These kids just love the horses. Saturday morning we went to Lizzy’s baptism, which was great! She is so grown up. We had donuts out on the lawn afterwards and Susie snapped this picture of these cute boys (Gage is in the middle). We went out to the flat afterwards and changed into work clothes and spent the rest of the morning tearing apart trusses to get 2x4s to get working on the north wall of the meat shop, which was a success. The wind started to pick up in the afternoon so after eating a late lunch Stuart, Adam, Heidi, the kids, and I took Wynn’s cows up on Smith’s Mesa. We enjoyed watching the 2 baby calves romping around in their new open range. We got back late and called it a night.
Today, Lincoln’s nursery teacher told Adam that she was amazed at how good Linky was at shooting a basketball. She was impressed with his form and such. It really is amazing to watch him as he sets a stance, crouches down, extends and releases the ball in one motion and even flips his wrist. I know that he has been very observant of when Adam is shooting the ball at the short beam to our hallway.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure hope Adam isn't the only one Lincoln has watched play basketball. If I remember correctly, his mother's got some pretty good skills as well.