Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oil, Bread, and Basketball

This last week didn’t have too many eventful things happen if you don’t consider your child playing in oil and covering his face and clothes with it being one of them. I lose my cool when buckets of oil get left around and for some reason my boys always find them and decide to play in them. At least this time I went to the flat prepared as I had dressed my boys in their shop clothes. It’s funny because how many children do you know who say the following, “Mom, I need my oil shirt?” It’s not like these shirts are difficult to find. So in this picture of Lincoln I should point out that most of what is on his shirt is what was there before, it’s just his face that looks the worst of it. Susie came over with her friend Hailey/Comet, and we made homemade bread. Comet was surprised that we really meant homemade bread as we ground our wheat, used fresh honey and such. I can probably count on one hand how many times I’ve made bread so I’m not exactly a professional and it was a first for Susie so I think it turned out quite well for our inexperience. Adam, had 3 days of OSHA training this last week which he was not too much of a fan of since the classes went from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day and he is not use to spending his days that way. On Thursday evening I took the boys with me to our ward’s Pinewood Derby. I wish I had taken my camera with me as it was quite the scene when the cars would go racing down the track and Tyson, Lincoln, and another little boy about their age, would make very excited gleeful screeches. The Cubmaster said that next time he was going to invite the whole primary as watching my little boys was the best out of the whole event. It was very entertaining. On Friday evening Adam had a church basketball game over in St. George, so we all went over as a family. It is pretty much a family event as Tyson and Lincoln have to get their basketball clothes on and take their basketballs with them. During timeouts they get on the court and try hard to make a basket, so they entertain everyone in the process. After the game we stopped at DQ and grabbed dinner to bring home and eat. So this picture shows my boys after their game. On Saturday we went to the temple in the evening and that was nice to finally make it back there after about 1 ½ months of it just not working out. Phyllis’ stepmom passed away this past week so many of Adam’s siblings went to Las Vegas for the funeral. Tyson had been dealing with a mild case of asthma which required the breathing treatments so I didn’t feel up to going, but Adam had planned to go for the funeral and decided at the last minute on Saturday morning to stay. We did the chores while Wynn and Phyllis were gone. The boys and I collected the eggs which is always fun to walk around the farm and find the places that the chickens lay them (the usual places as well as some new ones) so it is like having and Easter egg hunt every day. My eye caught a brand new baby calf (about 3 days old) in the cow pen. It was very cute, but I didn’t have my camera with me, so I’ll have to snap a picture later and post it.

0 comments: