Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mudding, Sinus Blockage, Vegas

This last week had its ups and downs. On Monday afternoon we went up to Smiths Mesa and rode Vaughn’s 4-wheelers. We managed to get our family of 4 on one, Vaughn and his date on another, and then Royce and Adar (the 2 exchange students) and Adam’s nephew Josh on another. We dressed ourselves prepared to get muddy and possibly very cold as from the time we unloaded the 4-wheelers on the lower Mesa area we mudded our way up to the top and checked out the ponds that were filled with water from the snow and rains. No one from the family had been up there to see how everything was doing, so we used that excuse as an adventure and had a lot of fun. I was glad Vaughn let us use the 4-wheeler with the seat, which made it a very comfortable ride for me and the boys. That is a small waterfall in the back of the photo flowing off the lower part of Smiths. On Tuesday Tyson, Lincoln, and I accompanied Wynn and Phyllis to JB’s for Phyllis’ birthday. I wasn’t too impressed with them when I mentioned it was her birthday and the guy asked if she had her driver’s license to prove it. Never had that happen before. Phyllis didn’t have hers with her and so she didn’t get any kind of a treat. My little boys even sang Happy Birthday to her when we got there and were waiting for our food. Not Impressed! On Thursday I had Adam take me to the IHC in the morning on his way into town as I had this horrible pain above my left eye that was throbbing and pulsating and I had a difficult time sleeping because of it. When a nurse got there just before 9 a.m. I called over to her from where I was sitting and informed her that I felt like I was going to black out. Throwing up was an uncomfortable feeling as well as I kept eyeing the garbage can by the door and trying to decide if I could make it over there if the action became necessary. Luckily I didn’t need to use it, but after being wheeled back to a room, talking with the doctor there, having a CT scan on my head, getting two different shots in each bum cheek (that was a first), and getting the results back that I had a major sinus blockage (they decided to do the scan since I was having feelings of blacking out and they wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything brain related causing that) that probably was bacteria related, so we picked up antibiotic and Adam took me home to sleep the afternoon off. Phyllis was so kind to let us drop the kids off that morning on short notice and watch them all day, while I slept at home and felt much better that evening. On Friday early evening we went to Las Vegas and stayed at Joe and Haylee’s new home. Haylee had planned an Abbott cousin’s party (Phyllis’ side of the family) for Saturday afternoon. We went Saturday morning for a drive to the Hoover Dam and were able to see the new bridge that is still under construction, which is absolutely amazing that structures like that are even thought possible. The party was fun and we stayed up until about 3 a.m., so with the time change and the difference from Utah and Nevada time we were really up late. We slept for a few hours and then drove home Sunday morning so that we could make it to our Stake Conference. Lincoln was having some throwing up issues so Adam stayed home with him and I took Tyson to conference. We spent the rest of the day at the flat. Considering my sinus issue it was a fun week.

0 comments: