Sunday, January 31, 2010

Boots, Cows, and Haircuts

This past week I set a goal that was a little less demanding, so the fridge received some cleaning care on Friday. I could see that the week was coming to a close and made myself stay home and get it done and I'm glad I did. Adam and I went to the temple Saturday morning and had Kylie stay the night Friday so she could watch the kids while we were gone. On the way home from the temple I saw a closing sale of a long time St. George western wear place and had Adam drop me off there while he had to go retrieve some materials for a job. He met me in the store later when he was done and we picked out some boots for him, the boys, and myself. While getting loaded to head out to the flat for the rest of the day/evening I had Adam take a laundry basket full of food for the pigs. He asked me if I was moving out to the flat and I told him, "Where do you think all the space in the fridge came from?" I'm glad we have pigs to throw our old rotten food to. I feel like we are being frugal somehow.

Since more time is being spent with the cows at the farm then the increase need for boots for the boys has become more and more apparent as each time we come home from there they have their tennis shoes stiff, wet, and covered in maneur. I am tired of trying to clean them and have them decent for when we go somewhere other than by the cows and other animals. Since the pricing on these boots were great then I bought 3 pairs for Tyson (for different sizes down the road), 1 for Lincoln, 1 for Adam, and 1 for myself. It looks like I'll be taking the smallest of Tyson's pairs and exchanging it for a smaller pair for Lincoln as the ones he ended up with seem a little big and he walks around like a Ronald McDonald look alike (just the shoes :) By the end of the day Adam was very happy with us stopping to get the boots earlier, especially his, since he walked around in maneur, muck, water, and whatever else the rest of the afternoon/evening working on the corrals. Tyson stayed outside with his dad the whole day and didn't come in once to complain that his feet were wet and cold and it was easy for him to take the boots off when he did. One very noteable story is that last night after all the corral work was done and Wynn, Stuart, Adam and Josh were talking about their cows before they called it a day, Tyson yelled to them and said, "Hey, go close that gate!" They looked back and sure enough they had left the gate open. Wynn told us later that Tyson had saved him and Jared a lot of work during the night as he could just see all the cows getting out and wandering around and them having to round them up. Good Job Tyson! He gets the paying attention to detail from me obviously :) After Phyllis fed us dinner (yummy homemade rolls and cinnamon rolls included), Adam had to head back over to St. George to remove our dump trailer from the driveway of a job, so I tried my hand at giving both the boys haircuts and baths so that when he came back to pick us up the boys would be ready for bed. I gave Adam a haircut after we got home, so here's the pictures I couldn't resist taking this morning.

2 comments:

Karli said...

what handsome boys you have! Will you please share your toddler bed experience with me? I am struggling. (: Love you!

C Tam said...

When I first saw the picture of the boots, I thought "Oh, that's cute," but then it dawned on me you all didn't get boots just to look cute. You actually USE them! So great.

Love the story about Tyson paying attention.