Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Week of Fun, Glad it is Done

This last week was fun as Tarek, Vaughn, and George wrapped up their visit from last weekend. Tyson and Lincoln had a great time with them. Tarek took them to get ice cream which was a big hit and then when he left he gave money to Daniel to take them for ice cream again which Tyson was sure to remind Daniel to do. Apparently when Daniel took them it was after Addie had gone to bed and I was at Webelos, however Tyson did not like it that Addie was missing out and scolded Daniel for having them get ice cream without her. We played basketball a few times while they were here, went to Ben's wedding reception, and made sure to watch the BSU/TCU bowl game on Monday night for Family Home Evening. After the game we went home and Adam slept for a couple hours before he had to get up at 12:30 and head to Kansas for a job he was doing there. He was gone all week and just got back this morning at 10 a.m. after driving all through the night. We are so very happy he is back and missed him very much. I made sure to take Tyson and Lincoln out of the house to break up the day mostly the latter part of it as the evening is when they struggle with their dad not being around. Thursday I went to Heidi's and started working on Vaughn's quilt that MaryJane needed finished for him. I didn't get a whole lot done but mostly went there for the boys to play with the twins and their bunnies. My goal this week (since my plan this year is to accomplish a project off my list each week of the year) was to get the filing done for the company so it worked out great with Adam being gone. After the boys would go to bed I would spend the time in the office until after midnight each night. I managed to get done everything I set out to do so that feels good. On Tuesday morning after Susie, Daniel, and I made a big breakfast for the boys before they headed home, Susie took some pictures of Lincoln in the same outfit that we took of Tyson around the same age and they turned out cute. I'm excited to get them printed up and hung on my walls (a project for another week :) Yesterday I took the boys to go help g-ma Stout collect pecans and watch the guy shake the trees with his tractor. We managed to get quite a few boxes from the shaking onto the tarps and then we cleaned around one tree and headed back to the flat to sort through and hull them. On the way home Tyson rode with Josh in the back of g-pa's truck and I snapped this picture of them at the stop sign while following behind them. Tyson just adores Josh. We spent the rest of the day at the flat helping g-ma which was nice to take my mind off of Adam being gone, since we usually spend Saturdays together as a family getting things done. This week was very productive, however I'm glad it is over so that Adam could be home safe with us again.

0 comments: