Sunday, January 17, 2010

What do you Harvest in January?

This past week I set my goal to file my personal papers, so that I could rotate those out for this new year. I did manage to get that done, so it feels good once again. Amidst all of that we spent quite a few days helping Wynn and Phyllis gather and hull pecan nuts from under their trees. It is quite the process and you feel a little more productive in food storage since around here this is about the only thing you can harvest during the January winter month. Gathering nuts was our Family Home Evening activity and then I brought out some makings for taco soup for dinner that night and then we had a good gospel centered discussion around the table afterwards with Stuart and Heidi as well. On Friday night a group of us went to Texas Roadhouse for our date. Wynn & Phyllis and Daniel and Susie had gift cards from Christmas that they wanted to use and then Caleb & Stephanie, Ben & Tia, and Aunt RomaAnn came as well. I had planned for Adam and I to go look for some mirrors for our bathrooms afterwards, however we didn't feel much like checking it out and Tyson called a few times wanting us to come home and we couldn't resist that plea so we went out to the flat to pick him up. Saturday morning we made it to an early morning session at the temple and then ran our errands that we didn't do last night. Today I taught the CTR 5 class at church and boy were they a challenge. I was really wiped out after church. We ended up staying home the rest of the evening since Adam had a Stake Priesthood Meeting at 6 p.m. and I was so exhausted. These pictures I took this last year and since I wasn't the best at blogging towards the latter part of the year then I wanted to have some pictures since I didn't take any this past week. The boys just love it when their dad reads to them and they really appreciated it this last week with Adam being home from his work trip the week before. I found Tyson sitting on one of my couches posing like this and couldn't resist snapping a pic of it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Broccoli, since that's about all I can get to grow.