Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend at the Ranch

So, I'm combining this first picture with those from the Ranch. Adam had gone with Stuart to do a roofing job at the south rim of the Grand Canyon and didn't get home until late, so I left the kids at the flat with Phyllis while I went to mutual and she had Ben bring them home. This is how Tyson arrived in the car...wiped out. He has a very difficult time staying awake in a moving vehicle.
These other three pictures are from East Zion. Tyson sure is funny to watch. I couldn't keep myself from laughing as I watched him run from where the guys were at the zip line to the house to retrieve the two little shovels Heidi has. His short legs would be going so fast and then his arms looked funny as they would be swinging back and forth about as far out as his legs. I grabbed my camera and managed to snap this backside shot of him in his haste with the shovels (he figured out how to carry them both all by himself, smart kid), to take to one of the twins (he usually only says Emily's name). Then after he was almost there I managed to get the side view. You can see the excitement on his face. I don't think this kid could ever have a miserable time at the ranch...I guess I should say these kids, huh! That would be Adam on his umpteenth time on the zip line and he just runs up with great excitement, comes down with a grin on his face, and is laughing at the end. Don't know if I've ever seen this Big Kid so happy! And yes, he did talk me into going, which I just kept responding, "I don't know why it is so important that I go down this silly thing that is liable to hurt you." But he was just so excited, so I couldn't reject his plea. Aren't the colors beautiful up there this time of year? A great place to go, especially for boys.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Just goes to show that soemtimes there isn't much difference between your "little" boys and your "big" boy. But I think that it adds to them being such good Dads!:) I'll definitley keep you posted about K. I know how it hurts the momma to see her baby hurt so my heart definitely goes out to you. Hope they figure something out for Lincoln while he's little so he won't have to go through it for so long!

MaryJane Griffin said...

We are really excited to see you guys!!! Tyson is getting soooo big and is going to love running with Logan and Riley everywhere. Shayla is so excited to chat with someone about her cats, and anything and everything that comes to mind. (I think she really likes that Adam at least pretends to listen to her for quite awhile.) Travel save but HURRY!!!