Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pesky Pest Control

Yesterday I cleaned all day long to prepare for the Pest Control guy to come and spray, only to have the scheduled hours between 2-4 to pass and calling to find out if he had forgotten and then getting a call from his wife around 5:30 informing me that their work truck was in the shop and she thought he would have called me. I wasn’t the happiest and when she wanted to just schedule it for Monday morning, I informed her that it would be fine but that I had my house torn apart specifically for him to come. It kind of dampened my attitude for the evening. I told Adam that I needed to get out of the house as I had been slaving away in it all day long and was going to go insane. We ended up taking the boys to Phyllis’ and then using the 2 gift certificates to JBs that Monica had given me back when I helped with the peach canning. We enjoyed the time alone, especially me to enjoy a cooked meal that was actually warm when I ate it, as with feeding the boys food isn’t quite the temperature it is meant to be when I get around to eating it. Phyllis said the boys were great for her, which was nice plus Tyson didn’t cry when we left without him. After driving home, Ben brought over his date, Tia and we all watched Hoodwinked. I finished cleaning by doing the dishes during it all. Ben stayed the night and watched the kids this morning as Adam and I attended the 6 am session at the temple. We then headed over to Wal-Mart to get some diapers and milk and I was glad to still find the sale my neighbor had told me about on Campbell’s Cream of Chicken and Mushroom cans, so I stocked up for food storage on that. While heading out of the parking lot I called Ben and asked him to get the boys ready for Jarem’s baptism as it looked like we weren’t going to make it back in time. After arriving at the church and not finding very many cars there we found out that the baptism was changed to 9:30, which made everyone who was rushing through the door after 9 am on time. Ben managed the two boys just fine and we are glad he was willing to do that. After the baptism we went out to the flat and since it was a blustery cold and windy day it was a great day for football. I spent a good amount of time changing diapers, bathing Lincoln in grandma’s sink after relieving some constipation pressure, and then rinsing off Tyson in the tub after Phyllis gave him a haircut. I also spent time throughout the day shelling Phyllis’ pecans that she had cracked and by the time we left that evening I managed to finish the whole bowl. We went over to the Steele’s to have cake and ice cream for Gage’s birthday. I never thought I would say this, but at the end of today I found myself not caring much for football at all, though we are glad the Cougars won. The picture I included here is from one morning earlier this week, when I found Tyson giggling and Lincoln chewing on his toes. I managed to snap a picture of the attach right as Lincoln looked up at me. He sure enjoyed Tyson's big toe.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: