Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Domestic Day

This morning I decided to take Tyson to story time at the library, as well as return his two tractor books and let him check out a few more. He didn't want to have much of anything to do with the story time, the activity they had planned outside, and pretty much wanted to just pick out books from off the shelves. After trying to encourage and help him along I finally gave in to letting him pick whichever books he wanted, checking them out and leaving. We headed to Susie's so he could show her his new books, but no one was there, so he wanted to go to grandma's and grandpa's. After arriving out there and planning to visit for a short time, we ended up staying as I made some butter from the other 4 whipping cream containers that Phyllis had, but didn't have time to do anything with. I had her take a picture of me being so domestic. I also helped Phyllis with peeling and de-coring some green apples for her to bottle into pie filling. I did have a little apple peeler/de-corer contraption to help. Wynn was out on the tractor spreading fertilizer over a field that he is preparing for planting wheat, so I ran Tyson out towards the end so he could ride with grandpa and snapped a picture of them when they returned. I stayed until 6:20 tonight and then left the kids with Phyllis while I headed to Lin's to finish off some food storage purchases from their last day of the case lot sale. Phyllis had asked me to pick up some more lemon juice for canning the pie filling and when I asked the guy there where to find it he said that you aren't going to find any anywhere around as apparently something happened to the lemon crops and they were told to not expect any anytime soon. He mentioned that he had seen 3 bottles towards the back of the top shelve and when we went to see they were still there so I snatched the last of the soon to be sought after lemon juices. I could sell them for a high price to a very needy lemon juice consumer huh! After quickly getting what I wanted I had to get to mutual. Adam had left around 5:30 this morning with Stuart to the Grand Canyon to help him finish a job and didn't get home until 9:30 tonight, so it was nice of Phyllis to watch the kids and to have Ben bring them home. I am so blessed to have wonderful family nearby that are always great help when I am in a bind. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. Oh, the picture of Lincoln is of him yesterday after I returned from going down the hall real quick and found him having decided to get out of his bouncer and kneeling into it. This was the better footage than when I had to quickly bathe Tyson from a poopy pullup and came back to find Lincoln having somehow ejected himself from the bouncer and on the way to lying on his back knocking over his breakfast off of Tyson's stool. He wasn't too happy on that one. Growing up fast! He turned 6 months on Sunday.

1 comments:

MaryJane Griffin said...

Wow LaRae, you've been busy. That was cute of Lincoln. How did Tyson feel about having his toe sucked on?? Can't wait to see y'all!!