Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Today was quite nice as it was rainy and overcast all day long. It's rare to get that around here so you enjoy it when it comes. Perfect day for having the windows opened and watching general conference, along with starting a fire in between and eating some yummy vegetable cheese soup that Phyllis made. Soup tops off a rainy day. It was funny because Adam prepped this fire with most of the junk from a dump truck and odds and ends lying around the flat. He thought it was too wet to start, but Phyllis and I encouraged him to get some gasoline and help it along. When it was burning alot of black smoke Adam had 2 different people drive up making sure everything was okay. I told Phyllis it is nice that people are concerned and watch out for them. This fire came about as Adam needed that dump truck to drive over behind the cow fences and transport dirt to the new location of the meat shop that him and his brothers will be building along with financing from other siblings. It's going to be a great place for butchering, canning, and any other major projects like that that have previously been done in the shop and Phyllis' kitchen.
As for this other picture it is one I took in September one morning after I had gone for the phone and when I returned I couldn't find even a little space for me to squeeze back into my spot on the bed as my boys took over what little space that was left. Lincoln does not sleep with us at all and quite often Tyson ends up in our bed sometime in the night from whatever it is that wakes him up, but I'll feed Lincoln his bottle in our bed during some early morning hours when I'm not quite ready to get out of bed. So after not finding any room to lay back down then I went for the camera to document the intrusion. How cute and innocent they are. Love my boys!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

It's so funny how two little bodies can take over such a large space. I'm not sure how kids do it but they do-every time!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

If I had a dime for every time someone asked us if our boys were twins we would totally have their college funds set by now! Our boys are 20 months apart but you almost can't tell sometimes. I bet you'll get this too pretty soon. I love boys (girls great too, just different) and I love what great buddies they can be! What an amazing thing that sealing was too. How amazing to have all the WHOLE family there! What a blessing!

MaryJane Griffin said...

Wow, is that really Lincoln?? He is so big!!! I guess it has been awhile since we've seen the boys!!! They're sooooo cute!! Hope to see you soon, right??? Do you know what they are going to be for Halloween yet?? Love you guys.