Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Anniversary Makeup

Today we tried to have a makeup anniversary day. Adam worked during the morning hours and then came home for lunch. We then headed to town together. Adam went to a contractor's office where he did a takeoff on some plans for a roof while Tyson and I sat out in the car. From there we went to the temple visitor's center and watch a couple of their short clips on the construction of the temple and the purpose of temples. While we tried to watch the clips Tyson kept himself occupied by trying to reach through glass to grab at rocks...he loves rocks. We decided to move on to the next errand due to Tyson needing a diaper change. Adam was very nice to go with me to get the oil changed in the car which came with a free car wash. That was a new experience for Tyson and it kept his attention the whole time. I think the most exciting part about the whole day was that we were able to find out how to connect the food processor/chopper onto our compact bosch (a father's day present I gave to Adam :) You may be wondering why that is so exciting...it is especially if you dread having to grate potatoes and cheese etc. Not any more...although I made Adam grate the potatoes if he ever wanted hash browns for breakfast. So as one might guess that is what we had for dinner with a yummy pork chop and a zuccini squash straight out of our square foot garden box. I can't believe that I can actually grow something. It has been a much better day. One last thing, I just finished reading Elder Jay E. Jensen's talk on "The Nourishing Power of Hymns". It brought back great memories of my grandma Steele and my mom as they seemed to always be singing hymns in the home when I was younger. That always brought a peaceful feeling into the home. I have found myself at times doing the same thing. I am very grateful for hymns.

1 comments:

Karli said...

Larae! Welcome to the world of blogging! I won't link you because I like to know who is reading my blog and ask that people not link us directly on their blogs for the same reasons, but I will visit daily!

Love the pictures of you guys; such a cute little family! Glad you had a better day yesterday too. Love you!

K