Sunday, February 28, 2010

Testing and Traveling

Monday and Tuesday Adam tested for his Arizona license for roofing and passed both the Trade and Business and Law, so we are happy about that. He put a lot of studying time in so it is well deserved. The little boys and I stayed with Sara Ann. On Tuesday we went and visited Adam’s sister Sara and saw their new home and then we met Adam over at his sister Monica’s house where we visited for a short time, saw her new little boy Joseph, and then headed home from there. The boys slept almost the whole way home which made the trip nice. We always like coming home to our own place. Adam took my 4-Runner and traveled to Dayton Nevada around 1 a.m. on Thursday and didn’t get home until around 4 a.m. on Friday and he tried to make it a one day trip too. He was trying to finish up some minor stuff on the Maverik roof there so the warranty could be issued, however the inspector was a little picky on everything so it made the day long. While Adam was gone I attempted to take my boys to the Scout Blue and Gold Banquet, which is always a challenge to take them anywhere public by myself. Friday evening we all went to one of the Hurricane Stake Centers to support a scout that was trying to raise money to go on a scouting trip by selling Navajo tacos for dinner. Stuart and Heidi invited us to go and since I didn’t feel up to preparing dinner and was trying to stay away while Adam got some office work done then it was appealing. After great strain of trying to decide to make a quick one day trip to San Diego and back for a friend’s wedding, we decided that it just wouldn’t work out. I was so exhausted from traveling earlier in the week that I just couldn’t bring myself to want to go because of that. I felt better once we decided to stay and we spent our Saturday helping to pour concrete for the Meat Shop. Yes, that part is finally done. It was a chilly day and Wynn and Phyllis were out of town so we all stayed outside the whole time since the house wasn't any warmer and it just isn't the same without them being there. About mid morning Mark said, "If my mom was here I know she would have food for us, but she's not so what should we order for lunch?" I volunteered to go try and find something to make, but admitted to not really wanting to since the house was cold. He headed to Albertos for mid morning food and then I went again in the afternoon. Tyson doesn’t quite grasp the concept what this shop is going to be for as he kept asking about moving the pigs onto the concrete slab. One of the twins came up to me and said, “MaRae, if we move the pigs there then what are we going to do with all the kids?” Apparently she was worried where all the little kids should go in the process of moving the pigs. I guess they will catch on to the real reason for the building soon enough. How many people does it take to watch the cement set up? Good question! Adam tried to work on his other truck while waiting for the concrete to set up some more and I snapped this picture of all three of my boys. It was a cute setting with them all in their element with the boys helping their dad or at least think they were.

0 comments: