Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Accident Prone

So last week ended with quite the accidents. Adam has been helping a friend of the family frame his house and earlier in the week he managed to pull the trigger on a nail gun only to find it having shot through the side of the board straight down to have stopped at the bone on the top of his foot (no picture) and then on Thursday he was framing again and will tell the story as "WE" forgetting to nail down a board and I will politely interrupt to make sure that he truthfully tells the story as "HIM" forgetting and the board falling down and hitting him on the head inflicting a nice gash that exposed alot of blood to which that night he begged me to pick off the mound of scabbed blood so that he could go shower without having to worry about it opening up again...not an enjoyable chore for me (shown in picture). He finished off Saturday night spraining his other ankle and almost staying home for church, however managing to get some movement after some help to the bathroom and getting a shower. Then there is Tyson, who while we were helping my sister-in-law Shelley clean and unpack in their new house he decided to try climbing up their shelving in their closet and we think that one of the shelves slipped out and wacked him in the nose splitting open a couple of gashes. And then there is Lincoln who while trying to crawl to me from our bathroom to the closet he lost his grip and wacked his forehead on the tile floor (shown in the duo walker picture which I turned around today and found Tyson having invaded Lincoln's space- love my boys). I came away from the week without a nail, sprain, cut, bruise, or scratch. Feeling pretty lucky!

2 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Ugh!! I hear bad luck comes in threes but I'm pretty sure you guys just doubled that in one week! Good luck taking care of all of your boys and their owies!:)

Monica said...

Love you, RaeRae! I'm glad you're a girl. It sounds like the boys are all out of luck at your house!