Friday, March 20, 2009

The Projects & Linoln's 11 months

I decided to show some of the projects that I helped my sister-in-law Heidi accomplish at her house. This first one has Emily, Erika, Lizzy, & Tyson posing on the bed where Heidi made the quilt and we made the time to put up a wallpaper mural that Stuart had wanted/purchased 2 1/2 yrs ago. I had never wall papered before, so this was a first for me. It had 8 panels that we strategically put together and in my opinion we did pretty good. It was an added bonus that Heidi knew how wallpapering was suppose to be done too. This is also the room that Adam and I stayed in when we lived with them (a very different room now). This next one is of the kids in front of the World Atlas mural that we put up this last Wednesday. We liked this one quite a bit more because it only had 3 long panels and seemed to be a better quality which made it easier and did not take us nearly as long to put up. It was a little tricky trying to get letters and lines to match up, but it worked out pretty good in my opinion. Heidi had purchased this one for Stuart a little over 3 years ago and it felt good to be able to help her get these two projects done. She told me how my mother-in-law, Phyllis, had one in each of her homes so that her children could learn where states and countries were located. The kids would spend hours in front of the wall mural pointing out places. I appreciated learning this bit of information from Heidi because it explained why Adam and his brothers have such an infatuation with maps. If you ever want to provide some kind of entertainment for them just pull out a map and you are good to go (don't do it if you want any attention though :) So this last picture is of Lincoln sitting on the pool table, which is mostly why I took out the camera because he is in his 11th month of life and doing great. He has his bottom two teeth in and the two side top incisors working their way out along with the front ones. He continues to pull himself up and stand anywhere he can, so we know he'll be venturing towards the walking soon. He greatly dislikes it when his dad leaves for work early in the morning (yes, he is up then), and cries his eyes out until I get up and distract him with breakfast. Adam is greatly loved by his boys as a few days ago Adam was playing in a church b-ball game and as we arrived early he went to take Tyson out to the hall so they could bounce the ball around and when Lincoln saw that he started crawling after Adam and yelping at him. Adam has his hands full with excited, loving boys. Linky also loves his brother Tyson. Earlier this week he was up before Tyson and decided after playing with mom for a while that it was time for Tyson to get up and he crawled down the hall to my bedroom door and started banging on the door while yelling who knows what. He got what he wanted. We sure do love this boy.

1 comments:

Haylee said...

Wow, those wall murals are great! I'm going to have to find out where Heidi got the world map - definitely want one in my house. I never made the connection, but that probably IS where we all got the love of maps. I could look at an atlas for hours. Sorry about all the pain at your house this month. See you next weekend - we'll be up for Kanon's blessing.