Thursday, January 22, 2009

Babysitting

So today I found myself with 3 children age 1 and 9 months and a kindergartener. Susie needed someone to watch Addy and my neighbor had class so within a 30 minute time frame I had changed 3 diapers and then by the end of the day I had my plastic bag hanging on the door knob in the garage full of them. I didn't know how the 1 year old would treat Addy and Lincoln, but he pretty much acted like they did not exist. He is a very big kid for his age and is not much shorter than Tyson(2 1/2), but Tyson felt like he had to always be trying to pick him up, so in the days time I managed to wrap up breakfast sometime around mid morning (which started out with just Adam and myself), change diapers, shell pecan nuts during the in between times, try putting children down for naps multiple times in three different rooms/beds, feed Tyson and Scierra lunch, and get Scierra off to kindergarten on time by 12:40 and then keep Tate entertained until 3:30 when his mom came home. It was a great day outside even though I didn't realize that until the early evening. I snapped the shot of Addy trying to pull herself up to Linky's walker and then all of the children in the same vacinity.

0 comments: