Monday, September 15, 2008

Family Home Evening

After spending the morning/afternoon out at the flat and doing business stuff, we came home to try and continue working on the potty training. To try and get Tyson's mind off of the tractor-backhoe movie I tried to have him help me figure out what we should do for Family Home Evening, as we are trying to do better at that, and I came up with the idea for us to all help make chocolate chip cookies for a lady in my ward whom I Visit Teach, and it is her birthday today. I just want to say real quick how much I love visiting teaching. Tyson likes coming with me to this one particular lady because she thinks he is such a joy and gives him these little cans of juices each time we come. We made her a card and Tyson left his own little markings as well. The bummer of it all was that she was gone, as probably expected, so we left them on the door. While out delivering the plate of cookies, we assisted Adam in passing out invitations for the Elder's Quorum end of summer social on Thursday. It was nice for Adam to be able to deliver his earlier in the week then last minute.

One of the funny things for Adam and I to see during FHE was when I asked Tyson what song he wanted to sing and of course it was , "The Daddy Song", and as I started it, Tyson just sang the rest of the song without Adam's or my help. I have seen it before, but it was a surprise to Adam. It was also funny that even though Adam is sitting right there, Tyson has to do the hand motions to himself as that is how we are usually singing the song, so I had to direct him to go over to Adam to climb on his knee (although Tyson just went over and patted Adam's knees), hug him tight, pat his cheek, and give a great big kiss. And the cute thing that he added on his own, was after giving Adam a great big kiss he came over to me and gave me one too. What a loving boy.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Sara Anne said...

We made chocolate chip cookies for family night too..sheldon wanted to learn how...and we delivered ours to his hometeaching families. I can't believe how grown up Lincoln is! see you in a couple days!