Sunday, March 2, 2008

Finally, A Fun Weekend

Well, we finally were able to get out and do something yesterday. And I am finally making some time on Sunday to post about it instead of a month or two down the road. Friday was such a beautiful day, which made me want to get out on Saturday with Adam and Tyson and enjoy it. So, it started out with a trip to Smith's Mesa (no Smith's is not just a grocery store Caleb), and then I thought it would be much more fun with family and friends involved, so we ended up with families of Cody and Shelley, Stuart and Heidi, Matt and Jaymie, Caleb and Stephanie, Daniel and Susie, Tarek who was here for the weekend, RomaAnn and Taylor, and some of Mark and Bonnie's kids. We had a great time eating bbqued hotdogs, dutch oven potatoes (made by Cody), the guys pulling a truck out of some quicksand mud, and playing ball tag. The picture is of all the guys that played and it shows the muddy conditions, although I don't know how most of them look cleaner than their 4-wheelers. Adam and Taylor managed to come out looking the muddiest as you can see from the pictures of Adam. I took this cute picture of Tyson, Lizzy, and Sequoia. They were enjoying watching the ball tag game from the truck bed with me. Most of us arrived there at around 2 pm and came home around 7 pm, then a bunch of the guys went to a church and played basketball until late (Tyson and I stayed home and went to bed).
I gave the lesson on "Encouraging Unity in our Families", in our combined Young Women/Relief Society meeting this morning. There's always a little bit of a relief when it's over. I do enjoy the lessons I study for Young Womens, because they can always be applied to my life right now and focusing on doing those things that will unite our family is so important as that is something Satan works so hard to destroy. Sunday is just great to have.

0 comments: