Sunday, August 8, 2010

Still Making a Little Progress

On Monday Adam had his younger brother Jared over to help finish cutting up the trees that he had cut down last weekend. Stuart came and dug out the trunks with the backhoe and as usual Tyson and Lincoln enjoyed the commotion. On Friday afternoon Adam hauled a couple loads of gravel to our house so we continue to make progress on our lot. We missed Adam most of the week as he was gone for 3 days to Flagstaff Arizona for a church he was working on there and then on Saturday morning when we are all looking forward to having him around or being able to go with him wherever he goes, he had to go to Brianhead to check on a job there since it had been raining and he wanted to make sure the job was done right. Lincoln was very unhappy when Adam had to leave Saturday morning, that he produced tears and and let us all know by the way he was crying that he was very unhappy. My boys always seem to know when it is about that time of the week (end) and they should be spending time with their dad and they always seem to be pretty disappointed and crabby when it is taken away from them. On Friday I took the boys over to St George to meet up with Susie and Stephanie and their kids at Susie's friend Comet's pool. It was very nice since the pool only goes to 3 ft 6 inches deep and Tyson can walk around in a good area by himself with the water up to his shoulders/neck. We went to 'The Children's Place' and grabbed a few shirts that were on sale afterwards. Lincoln took a very late nap and then we joined Wynn and Phyllis over at Shelley and Cody's for dinner. They were out of town at Lake Powell and Phyllis had been watching the twins (Jace and Jenna) all afternoon over there during their late nap. On Friday I ended up cleaning the house and balancing the company check book and posting a few other invoices and such, since Adam had to go check on that job. It was nice to rotate between my house and the company stuff and have a change of pace as I got each little segment/chore done. I got it all done by the time Adam returned and we bought pizza for dinner and took it to the Flat to share with Wynn and Phyllis and spend the rest of the evening. This morning I started those yummy homemade crescent rolls for dinner later today and finished the last step before letting them rise the 3 hours while we were at church. In between the 2 simple steps of preparing the dough I prepared the lesson for the 12 & 13 yr old class that I was asked to substitute in. With the exception of last week I had substituted 3 weeks in a roll before that and then between this week and then substituting in Tyson's 4 yr old class next week, I am becoming quite the regular substitute of all ages between 4 and 17 years old. It hasn't been too overwhelming since we were able to cancel Webelos for July and are not starting again until a little further into August, so I have enjoyed a little "summer" break with that calling. Some entertaining things from the boys' end is when Lincoln likes to try and penalize you for not doing what he wants by saying "fine I not pwaying wif you" (aka I am not playing with you). He picked that up from playing with Tyson and the twins (Erika and Emily), it's just funnier when he says it, because he will use that phrase for everything. He also likes to shout out of the blue "shut up piggy", which he isn't trying to say anything mean by it, but just likes to say it and I have no idea where he got it...I take that back I think Tyson and Marshall have said some silly phrases like that when they are just spouting out what comes to their head. It is most unpleasant and down right embarrassing to have him say it after the sacrament prayer. Luckily I managed to be quick to cover his mouth because he was talking loud and then I realized what he was saying so I was double glad for my quick reflexes. These pictures I snapped of the boys as we went out to the Flat one afternoon. Lincoln had his hat and Tyson wanted one as well (which is a little too small but still cute).

0 comments: