Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To Prove the Saying...

...my face broke my fall. That is pretty much what Adam is sporting here. I called him this afternoon to check up on his day and heard the words that I dread "I fell of the roof." As I collect the details I find out that it was really from the top of the ladder. After asking him if anyone saw him he said "yes" and then asking what that person did in response and the guy said, "It hurts your pride the most." to which Adam replied, "not yet, but it will" and here I am helping that statement along. I had just finished taking the kids for a late afternoon walk through the neighborhood and found them both like this when we got home, so I pushed them inside and let them be. After pulling out the camera I couldn't help but ask Adam if I could take a picture of his face, just for documentation purposes and a good laugh down the road. As for Tyson and Lincoln as you can see in the pic they are quite the pair. If Lincoln were a little taller they would be mistaken for twins I think. Tyson has great fun wrestling Lincoln on the floor to which Lincoln is always coming to me and crying. Sometimes I try to ignore it but most of the time I have to step in and rescue Lincoln before he gets smooshed by Tyson.

Adam left Tuesday afternoon with his cousin Jordan and headed to Phoenix, Arizona to pack up for Jordan's sister Kara and her husband Skyler all their stuff and bring it back to Hurricane. They stayed that night and then headed back Wednesday morning with the goods in tow. We had quite the ordeal before Adam left as Tyson wanted very much to go with Adam. For this kid seeing the truck, horse trailer, and Adam's lemonade container he just knew it would be the time of his life. Adam told Tyson, "you don't want to go with dad. It is just sitting in the truck for a long time driving. You'll have more fun staying home with mom" to which came the reply "I don't want to have fun, I want to go with you." What does that say about me and all my fun huh- quite a blow. Anyways as usual Adam walked out the door with his boys screaming and hollering that they have to stay home and have fun. Yes, Lincoln is right in tow making a scene of despair. At one point during the day when I let Tyson talk to Adam he said, "Daddy, come home right now, grandpa needs the trailer." The kid apparently calls the shots for grandpa now too. Whatever it takes to be with dad. So we are glad their trip was a safe one and then of course today Tyson told me, "Kara coming to my house today." So Kara there is your invite when you get into town.

2 comments:

Monica said...

So, RaeRae, why didn't you come with Adam to Phoenix to visit an old friend? That is hilarious that your little boys were screaming about staying home and having fun with Mom instead of sitting in the truck for a LONG drive!

Hey, email me your email address so I can invite you to my blog. I don't know if you ever accepted the invite when I sent it out before! Email me at harmonicape@yahoo.com.

Sara Anne said...

glad to know that Marshal isn't the only one who insists on wrestling, and tackling his little brother...and has a new infatuation with little girls as well, he stands by them with his arm around their shoulders and strokes their hair. little boys are sure cute!