Saturday, November 10, 2007

Park City Week

This past week we spent pretty much the whole time in Park City. Adam and his crew were asked to quickly get a roof done on a cabin for a development company last minute so they headed up there early Monday morning. Susie and I cleaned up the house and packed and ended up picking up some materials that arrived at our supplier's that morning. So while most people pack storage containers or bicycles or skis and snowboards on trips, I was packing some long boxes of soffit metal. The trip took a little longer than expected because we had to slow down to 60 mph at some points due to the wind causing the soffit to start bouncing up and down. So we made it there with out problems late Monday evening and stayed at some friends' of Susie's at Jeremy Ranch. It was definitely nicer to stay in the Proctor's home there than a hotel in Heber City. I know it would have been way more difficult to entertain Tyson in a hotel room than for him to have a home to run around in. Plus he got to make friends with Emma, the Proctor's dog. I couldn't help but snap a picture of him giving her a hug. You would also find him showing love to her by plopping himself down next to her and laying across her back also by giving her open mouth kisses on her hair, which I saw at times he might have come away with some furballs. I took one day and traveled to Provo with Tyson to visit a few friends there and those from my old work. I came away with 2 tickets to the BYU vs TCU football game. Daniel and Susie were nice to offer to watch Tyson for us while Adam and I attended the game Thursday night. We had an enjoyable time especially watching BYU win. I especially enjoyed the opportunity that Adam had to attend his 2nd collegiate football game ever and in the BYU environment at that. Plus we got there early enough (due to Adam's excitement and worry that we would miss the kick off if we didn't leave for there 2 hours early) to each get a 'Y' beanie hat. So even though Tyson wasn't there I took a picture of him later sporting the sweet hat. We arrived back home at 2 am Friday. Adam got a few hours of sleep and headed off to work again. He got home after dark just in time for me to finish cutting Tyson's hair and give him a haircut as well. We then rushed to meet Shelley and Cody at Applebees to drop Tyson off and then rush to the temple to try and make the 7:20 pm session as Adam's cousin Kara was going through and will be sealed later this afternoon there. We were the last ones in the room, but we made the session. It was a rush of a night as I drove there while Adam ate his taco dinner in the car. Don't worry, I made him wear one of my aprons so he wouldn't make a mess. Afterwards we picked up Tyson and headed home because I had a miserable headache...I wonder why! Adam got a little more sleep last night but was up and gone this morning again to drop his workers off and head to grandma's to finish the soffit there. It's going to be a busy day.

1 comments:

Karli said...

sounds like a way fun trip. We get you next week which will be fun! Can't wait to see all of you and that cute baby Tyson...love that kid.

It's so fun that you can just go to Park City to play and have a good time. Hope your headache went away and that Adam finally got some sleep! Love you!
K